All Renters/Users are required to observe these General Policies when planning, promoting, hosting and/or attending events:
General Rental Policies
1. When not in use for BSRI activities, facilities may be rented for reservations with established policies, procedures and regulations. Reservations will be accepted based upon availability. Facilities are available for use from 8:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m. BSRI reserves the right to accept or reject any request for the use of BSRI Facilities. Renter is responsible for reserving adequate set-up, and clean up times for the event at time of reservation. Failure to arrive 15 minutes within designated time will automatically forfeit your security deposit and reservation. Failure to leave at the time set will automatically forfeit your security deposit and additional charges may apply.
2. In order to reserve a BSRI facility, one person must be designated as the Responsible Party, hereafter in this agreement referred to as “Renter”. Renter must be 21 years of age or older. A copy of photo ID may be required at time of reservation. Renter must be present at all stages of the rental period and will be answerable to managing staff in regards to all enforcement of rules. Renter is responsible for abiding by and limiting admittance, according to room capacity as specified in the Rental Agreement. The person signing the contract, “Renter”, is liable for all rental issues.
3. The Security Deposit is due at the time of reservation. The Security Deposit will be returned, in full, to the Renter unless the facility has been determined to have been damaged or special services (cleaning, equipment, maintenance, etc.) are required as a result of rental.
4. Renter may use only the designated rooms of the facility listed on the Rental Agreement.
5. Total rental fees and security deposit will be returned if reservation is cancelled at least 30 days in advance. If cancellation is made less than 30 days prior to the event, Renter will forfeit their rental fee and security deposit. Renter will be charged a $35.00 fee for any returned checks and required to pay the Rental Fee and any Check Charge Fees in cash as soon as possible to avoid Small Claims Court.
6. Applications and fees for reservations may be scheduled through Brunswick Senior Resources, Inc., BSRI, between 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, except during Holidays and unexpected closings due to inclement weather. The reservation is only confirmed after the signed, completed Reservation Agreement and Security Deposit are received by BSRI Staff.
7. Firearms and Weapons, Fireworks (including sparklers) are prohibited. Illegal drugs, gambling, and solicitation are NOT permitted on the premises. Smoking is allowed ONLY in designated outdoor areas and guests should extinguish cigarettes only in approved containers. There is no smoking allowed within 40 feet of any BSRI Facility.
8. No Pets are allowed, except for service animals assisting the disabled.
9. Facility is Rented AS/IS. Each renter group is responsible for any and all arrangements, activity supervision, well-being and orderly conduct of all persons involved with event, set-ups, equipment, etc., relating to the event, program or activity.
10. Banners, tents, inflatables or concession operations are NOT permitted without prior approval by the Center Director. No decorations shall be attached to walls, ceilings or floors without prior approval. The only approved adhesive to be used is the Fun Tac product or similar pre-approved products. For safety purposes, no confetti, glitter, rose petals, bubbles, rice, or similar items may be thrown on or about the facility premises. Lighted candles may not be used. Only LED candles are permitted. No permanent changes are allowed to the facility. No bolts, screws, or nails shall be placed on the walls, floors or any fixtures, indoors or out.
11. Personal Barbeque grills are not allowed.
12. Children must be supervised at all times. Any guest under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
13. Any decorations and/or equipment rented from an outside source must be removed from the facility before 9:00 a.m. of the following business day unless other arrangements have been made with the Center Director prior to the event. BSRI will not be held responsible for any items rented or brought in from an outside vendor or supplier.
14. Fire Exits are not to be blocked at any time during set-up, the event, or breakdown. Doors to the outside are not to be propped open due to heat/AC loss.
15. Advertising – Promotional materials will be displayed only with the approval of, and at the discretion of, the Center Director. Events offering merchandise or services for sale must have prior written approval from the Center Director.
16. Storage – BSRI does not provide storage for personal belongings or equipment. BSRI will not be responsible for personal items/property left on the premises.
17. Prior approval by the Center Director is required for use of any and all audio/visual equipment.
18. The building MUST be left in the same condition, or better, than it was found at the time of rental. Flagrant misuse of building will result in forfeiture of future reservation privileges.
19. Renter will indemnify and hold Brunswick County and Brunswick Senior Resources, Inc., free and harmless from any and all liability on account of injury to any person(s) or damage to any property, directly or indirectly, resulting from any activity sponsored or conducted by the Renter and/or guests. Activities exceeding the capabilities of the facility, including parking, must be coordinated with the Center Director prior to the event to determine feasibility. If the event would strain available parking, suitable arrangements must be made by the Renter in advance of the activity, with the approval of the Center Director. Overnight parking is strictly prohibited.
20. All groups who have regular “standing” (weekly, bi-weekly and monthly) meetings, and wish to continue, must submit their requests and complete a Rental Agreement prior to June 1st, annually, for scheduling next FY calendar events and activities, or risk losing their scheduled meeting times, and/or location. Requests will be honored on a first come, first serve basis. The Center Director will be responsible for room assignments to maximize utilization. Senior participant’s events and activities remain priority on the BSRI calendar.
21. Loud and/or disorderly conduct by Renter and/or their guests, as determined by BSRI Staff in their sole and unfettered discretion, will not be tolerated and may cause the Renter’s event to be terminated immediately, additional fees charged, and denial of future use of the facility.
22. Any group or organization that cannot meet these general policies must submit a letter to the Center Director as to why they should be granted special privileges. Such a request must be at least sixty (60) days prior to the event, and pre-approved in writing by the Center Director.
Food & Beverage (Self- Catered Events)
1. The facility’s kitchen has been approved as a catering/warming kitchen and regulations prohibit full-scale cooking events
2. Alcohol is NOT Permitted on the premises during a Self-Catered Event unless required documents are presented to BSRI at least 2 weeks prior to the event, including a copy of the ABC Permit and Bartender ID.
3. Tablecloths must cover tables when food and/or drinks are served. BSRI does not provide tablecloths
4. Any and all spills must be removed immediately.
5. Because the kitchen is only a catering/warming kitchen, all foods must be fully cooked before being brought to the facility.
6. All food and beverages brought into the facility must be in closed containers, covered with paper or cloth lids.
7. If use of kitchen equipment is needed, Renter must make prior arrangements for use of a Cold Buffet Table, Warming Table, ice chest, or ice. BSRI does provide ice when possible for events, but the Renter may need to provide additional ice to meet the needs of large groups.
8. The Warming Oven or Table or Sterno are the only allowed heating elements to be used inside the facility.
9. The kitchen must be left in the same condition it was found, ready for inspection.
Food & Beverage (Catered Events)
1. BSRI does not provide catering. It is the Renter’s responsibility to sign and enter into a separate agreement with their Licensed Caterer.
2. Any and all spills must be removed immediately.
3. Caterer must provide BSRI, at least two (2) weeks prior to the event, with copies of All North Carolina Alcoholic Beverage Control Commission licenses, permits, and certificates of insurance listing and identifying Brunswick County and Brunswick Senior Resources, Inc., as Additional Insured. Absolutely no “Brown Bagging” is allowed on the premises of any BSRI facility. No Beer Kegs, No Champagne Fountains, and No Chocolate Fountains are allowed.
Alcohol may not be stored in the facility except during the time indicated on the Rental Agreement. Alcoholic Beverages must be served by a designated bartender at least 21 years or older who is in attendance of the bar at all times. The bar must be closed one hour before the end of the event. Consumption of alcohol prior to 12 p.m. on Sunday is prohibited.
4. The Caterer is responsible for acquiring and providing all necessary supplies for both serving and cleaning, including, but not limited to, paper towels, dishcloths, dish towels, hand soap, and dish detergent. BSRI does not supply these items for events.
5. The kitchen is for catering ONLY.
6. All food and beverages brought into the facility must be in closed containers, covered with paper or cloth lids.
7. Food preparation cannot include any open flame. The warming ovens and tables, and Sterno, are the only allowed heating elements to be used in the facility.
8. Tables must be covered with tablecloths when food and/or drinks are served. BSRI does not provide tablecloths.
By signing this Rental Agreement , the Responsible Party and their group, representatives, assigns, employees, owners, members, guests, invitees, agents, and participants (hereinafter collectively, “Renter”) do and shall hereby agree to abide by all facility use policies, rules and/or regulations (collectively, “Rules”) specified by Brunswick Senior Resources, Inc., BSRI, regarding the rental and/or use of BSRI facilities. Renter has received a complete copy of the Rules and confirms that the Renter has reviewed and understands all of the Rules and agrees to be fully bound by said Rules. Renter further agrees to pay all charges associated with Renter’s use of the facility, including charges for any and all damage to the facility, whether caused, directly or indirectly, accidentally or intentionally, and cleaning costs incurred as a result of or arising out of the use of the facility by Renter. Renter shall fully indemnify and hold harmless Brunswick County and Brunswick Senior Resources, Inc., (BSRI) officers, employees, agents, representatives, insurers, and contractors from any liability, loss, damages, expenses, costs, suits, actions, demands, attorney fees, interest, fines, penalties, claims, and judgments of any and all kind whatsoever and of any nature whatsoever arising from or related to in any way the Renter’s use of the facility, including, but not limited to, any claim for injury to persons or property and any and all claims based on Renter’s failure to comply fully and promptly with all BSRI’s Rules relating to the rental and/or use of the facility and/or Renter’s failure to fully and promptly perform all of the terms and conditions of this Rental Agreement. In the event that any suit, claim, action, demand or the like, based upon such a claim, action, loss, or damage is brought, made, filed or asserted in any way, method or manner against Brunswick County or Brunswick Senior Resources, Inc., (BSRI), Renter shall fully and promptly defend the same at Renter’s own cost and expense; provided, however, BSRI retains the right to approve the attorney hired by Renter and if final judgment be rendered against Brunswick County, BSRI and its officers, agents, employees, or any of them, or jointly against BSRI and Renter and their respective officers, agents, and employees, or any of them, Renter shall fully pay, satisfy and cancel the same.
The Renter or its assignees shall not discriminate against any entity or person because of age, sex, race, creed, disability or national origin. BSRI reserves the right to remove the Renter and all of its guests from the facility and/or other premises at any time for breach of this Rental Agreement, violations of the law, damages to the Facility, violations of BSRI’s Rules regarding the rental and/or use of the facility, or for any other conduct or behavior which in BSRI’s sole and unfettered discretion is inconsistent with the purposes for which the facility was leased or is otherwise determined by BSRI in its sole and unfettered discretion, to be in the best interests of the public’s health, safety and welfare.
If alcohol will be served at the event/activity held by Renter at the facility, the Renter hereby acknowledges that Renter has read, understands and agrees to be fully bound to and abide by, all of the Rules, ordinances and laws of BSRI, the State of North Carolina, and the North Carolina Alcoholic Beverage Control Commission regarding the same; has designated a Bartender for the event who will be present at the bar in the events entirety; licenses, permits, and liability insurance naming Brunswick County and Brunswick Senior Resources, Inc., (BSRI) as “Additional Insured”; and will adhere to and abide by all such licenses and permits.
You will have received an agreement form with your reservation confirmation. This form must be completed and either 1) dropped off at your event location or 2) emailed to the Center Director at your events location. If you need another copy of the form, please click the button below to download.
Center Director Emails: